- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 Honeycrisp apples, peeled and sliced
- A few grates of fresh nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup brownulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy or Calvados
- 8 palmier (elephant ear) cookies
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Caramel sauce, warmed or in a squeeze bottle
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought whipped cream
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the apples, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and lemon juice. Cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Stir the brownulated sugar and brandy into the apples, tip the pan away from you and carefully light on fire with a long lighter. Let the alcohol cook off, about 1 minute.
In a bowl, layer the apples, a palmier cookie, a scoop of ice cream, another palmier cookie, a drizzle of caramel sauce and some whipped cream.