- 1/2 pound ziti
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 pound center-cut lean bacon or pancetta, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 6 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped
- 16 eggs
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Pecorino cheese
- 2 cups shredded provolone or mozzarella
Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta; salt the water and cook the pasta to al dente and drain.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the EVOO in a large, ovenproof skillet and brown the bacon. Drain off the excess fat if using bacon, leaving at least 1/4 cup. Add the pepper and garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add the drained ziti, stir to combine.
Beat the eggs with the parsley and Pecorino. Add to the pan and stir to settle the eggs. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until light golden, 20 minutes. Top with the cheese, then switch on the broiler to melt and brown the cheese. Let stand to room temperature; cut into wedges and serve.