- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups quick-cooking couscous
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), shelled and toasted
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Heat the olive oil in a medium size pot over medium-high heat; sautée the onion until softened. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Turn off the heat and quickly stir in the couscous. Place a cover on the pot and allow the couscous to steam for 5 minutes. Remove the lid, then add the cilantro, salt and pepper and fluff with a fork. Place the couscous into four bowls, then top each with a few slices of avocado, a sprinkling of pepitas and a squeeze of lime.