- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling or other baby potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 scant teaspoon sugar
- About 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- About 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 small rib celery, very thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh dill, chopped
In a large pot, cover the potatoes with an inch of cold water. Bring to a boil, salt the water and cook to tender. Drain and return the potatoes to the hot pot to dry them off.
Meanwhile, place the shallot in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and sugar; cover with cider vinegar and let stand for a few minutes. Add the mustard and whisk in the oil. Adjust the seasonings, to taste. Toss the potatoes with the dressing, celery and dill.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.