- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup extra-sharp yellow cheddar cheese
Pre-heat the oven 400°F. Bake the bacon on a slotted pan until crisp. Chop, then reserve.
Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and rub them with EVOO, salt and pepper. Bake until tender, about 35-40 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the oven, then cool, halve and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
To the potatoes, add the jalapeño, garlic, onion, sour cream, cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper, then mash and combine.
Fill up the potato skins with the mash and arrange them on a baking sheet, sprinkle with cheese and place them back into the oven. Garnish with bacon and scallions and broil to brown the cheese.