- Vegetable spray
- 4 pieces sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 3 tubs soft garlic and herb cheese (6 ounces each) (such as Alouette brand)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato tapenade
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 baguette or whole grain baguette, pre-sliced at the bread counter
- Handful baby carrots
- Handful grape tomatoes
Line a small shallow dish or bowl with plastic wrap or waxed paper. Coat wrap with vegetable spray. Arrange a pattern in bottom of the dish using the sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Add 1 1/2 tubs of garlic and herb cheese (about half a pound) to the dish and smooth over, then layer in the sun-dried tomato spread and the pesto. Spread the remaining cheese on top of the pesto. Place a serving plate over the bowl and invert the bowl. Hold on to the edges of the waxed paper or wrap to release the cheese. Remove the waxed paper or plastic wrap. Arrange the sliced baguette along 1 side of the torta.
Arrange carrots and tomatoes along the opposite side of the torta.