- 1 clove garlic, cracked from skin
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1/4 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cooked, chopped turkey meat, white and dark
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Few sprigs parsley, leaves only
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 12 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated Romano, (a couple of handfuls)
Place the garlic, onion, celery and red bell pepper in food processor and pulse to fine chop. Add turkey, potatoes, egg, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and parsley leaves then pulse to process and combine the mixture. Remove bowl from base and blade from the bowl. In a medium mixing bowl combine the turkey mixture with 3/4 cup breadcrumbs.
Heat a small skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon EVOO. When butter melts add the mushrooms and cook until dark and tender, 5-6 minutes. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and add rosemary to the pan. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and cook a minute. Whisk in the stock, bring to a bubble and thicken, 5 minutes, over medium-low heat.
Pre-heat a nonstick skillet with 3 tablespoons EVOO over medium heat.
Use a conical or round ice cream scoop to form 8 croquettes. Combine cheese and remaining 1/4 cup of bread crumbs on a plate. Coat the croquettes in cheese and breadcrumbs and saute in hot oil until deeply golden all over, 5-6 minutes for each batch. Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve the croquettes with rosemary gravy poured down over them.