- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves (a generous handful), chopped
- 5 McIntosh, Honey Crisp or Gala apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup all-natural apple cider or cloudy juice
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 4 1-inch thick boneless pork loin chops (6-8 ounces each)
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of EVOO and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes. In the last 15 minutes of cooking time, add the green beans to the baking sheet with the potatoes, toss to combine and return to oven. Once cooked, remove from the oven and garnish with parsley.
Combine the apples, brown sugar and apple cider in a medium pot over medium-high heat and cook until a chunky sauce forms, about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the sauce begins to spatter as it bubbles, reduce the heat back. Once the apples are soft and a sauce forms, remove from the heat.
Pre-heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO.
In a shallow dish, combine the juice of 1 orange, 1 teaspoon zest and the Tamari. Season the chops with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Brown and caramelize the chops for 4 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear. Add the orange-soy sauce and reduce for 2 minutes.
Serve with applesauce, roasted potatoes and green beans.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Pork Chops with Balsamic Brown Butter, Applesauce with Thyme, Mashed Potatoes and Celery Root
Roast Pork Tenderloins with Roasted Carrot, Parsnip, Potato and Warm Apple and Savoy Cabbage Slaw
All-Day Roast Pork, Spicy Apple Chutney, Mashed Citrus Sweet Potatoes, Sautéed Chard
Roasted Pork with Cranberry-Pomegranate Sauce, Braised Brussels and Boursin Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips